New COVID guideline
The Board of Trustees voted unanimously to allow groups of 25 or less vaccinated persons to meet in the worship building at UUFE. All other COVID guidelines remain in place.
The Board encourages committees and other small groups to meet at UUFE under these guidelines.
The Board of Trustees voted unanimously to set January 2, 2022, as the target date to resume in-person services at UUFE.
The number of persons allowed to participate in and attend services with masking, social distancing, etc., will be determined by our COVID guidelines:
- if stage Red, we will be closed;
- if Orange, at most 25 vaccinated persons;
- if Yellow, at most 50 persons;
- and if Blue, we will be open.
Preparing for the future
Once exit interviews conducted by Lisa Presley on November 18 with the Board and with Rev. Amy DeBeck are done, preparations for the future of UUFE after December 31 can begin in earnest.
A number of initiatives are being prepared by the Board:
- Quickly organizing small group discussions to discuss what people are feeling, what they like and don’t like, what they miss from previous years, and what they would like to see in the future.
- A congregational meeting to discuss the findings.
- Seeking help from the UUA and the MidAmerica Region for help in the transition
- Seeking help in raising pledges and funds. The BUUMS (Brotherhood of UU Men’s Society) will be meeting to discuss fundraising and possibly having a service auction.
- Improving and coordinating communications: website, newsletter, Facebook, Careline.
- A consultant has been hired to prepare 2-3 sets of plans for restoration of the west parking lot.