- This event has passed.
UUFE Nature Walks
April 11 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pmFree
All are welcome to join UUFE members and friends for ongoing bi-weekly nature walks at parks and trails in the Elkhart County area. With the COVID-19 situation still a bit uncertain, the walks are a great way for socially distanced fellowship with each other, and with nature!
The walks are loosely organized, but all begin at 1 p.m. every other Sunday at the location designated in the schedule below. For questions, contact Terry Mark, or watch for last-minute updates in the private UUFE Peeps Facebook group.
- Sunday, April 11: Bonneyville Mill County Park, 53373 County Road 131, Bristol. Meet at Kum Mol Rie shelter, near C.R. 131 and State Road 120.
- Sunday, April 25: Potato Creek State Park, 25601 State Road 4, North Liberty. Meet at parking area near Porter Rea Cemetery for a hike on Trail #4, a 2.5-mile scenic walk through trillium fields.
- Sunday, May 9: River Greenway Trail, Elkhart. Meet at Studebaker Park, 1020 McDonald St., Elkhart (near the pavilion at the east end of the park).
- Sunday, May 23: Ferrettie-Baugo Creek County Park, 57057 Ash Road, Osceola. Meet at the large parking area adjacent to Baugo Station.
- Sunday, June 6: Mishawaka Riverwalk, meet at Beutter Riverfront Park, 120 Ironworks Blvd., Mishawaka.
- Sunday, June 20: Cobus Creek County Park, 30680 County Road 8, Elkhart.