The new Board of Trustees met on Wednesday, July 19, for the first time in the 2017-18 church year and was welcomed by President Geneele Crump.
Here are key actions taken at the meeting:
- The Building and Grounds Committee requested help with special events space management, post-cleaning room reset and coffee hour clean-up. It was decided that Chuck Bower will ask the monthly potluck committees if they are willing to take on these duties for that same month. This will be done during the upcoming Committee of the Whole meeting.
- Committee on Ministry liaison Terry Mark reported that they are focusing on leadership development this year.
- Communications Committee announced the redesigned website has been launched. Terry Mark, Ron Gill, Katrina Wilson, Charles Lane and Rev. Amy DeBeck are all able to post to the web site.
- An internal calendar for church activities will be kept by Chuck Bower. Contact Chuck to schedule events.
- It is time to review our strategic plan. Chuck Bower will spearhead this effort during the year.
- The Board discussed at length the process to hire a director of religious education (DRE). The board agreed that we need to have buy-in and a long-term commitment from the congregation, so it was decided that Chuck, Katrina Wilson and Geneele will put together an agenda and call a town hall meeting to discuss this process.